Nordic Ware Microwave Rice Cooker 8 Cup

Left home, missed the convenience of a REAL electric rice cooker, but this is the SAME THING!

Pros: Cooks rice without me having to worry about burning it on a stove. It's just the same as a rice cooker...you measure rice, water, put it in the microwave and forget about it. I guess the only extra steps you do have to worry about is that when it's done, you do have to go close the steamer lid and wait a few more minutes.

Cons: Virtually non-existent...but I must list them anyway. It is slightly a pain to clean the entire thing when I'm done compared to an electronic cooker. The lid comes apart in two pieces and I have to clean that too. (I don't have a dishwasher so that's why I mentioned this). For some reason, my little veggie bowl does not look like the one in the picture. I haven't used it for veggies or pasta yet but mine is shaped more like a bowl. When you first take it out of the microwave, there will be some water settling on the top and might get it on yourself. It may scald you but...not badly since it's just a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment